MMC comparison

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

All,

Today I did a comparison between my .01uF commercial
pulse cap and a .012uF Panasonic ECW-H16563JV MMC.  My
specs were:

6" AWG #23 PVC secondary wound for 24" length
14 turns 30 degree inverted cone .25" cu primary
12/60 France NST
standard cylinder TCBOR gap running 4 gaps
2.75" x 11.75" Anti corona ring sitting directly atop
the secondary
4" x 17" dryer duct toroid sitting directly atop the
ACR

Arcs were up to 43 inches with both capacitors.  They
were just as brilliant and bright with the MMC if not
more so.  I could have gotten more output by
increasing the gap but I don't want to risk killing
the NST as I have no protection filter at the moment
(have the parts just haven't built it yet).

- Brett Miller
hot-streamer/brett