Re: Transformerless Tesla coil

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Thanks, Antonio -the parenthesis was indeed in the wrong place and I am
getting the correct answer now.

Re: the subject of the transformerless tesla coil, would it not be possible
to design a twin transformerless TC by combining a directly-coupled Tesla
Coil with an indirectly-coupled TC like so:-

                    (===)        (===)
                      I            I
                      L2           L3
                      I            I
-----C1-----+----+----+            +
I           I    I                 I
SG1         L1   I                 ------GND
I           I    I
------------+    I   --+--       --+--
            I    I     I           I
           GND   I    GND          I LIVE
                 I                 I
                 -------------------
Both TC's (L2 and L3) are transformerless Magnifiers capacitively coupled to
oppositely-charged planes.
L2 is connected to the "live" side of L1 and its plane is grounded.
L3 is connected to grounded side of L1 and its plane is "live".
I.e. L2 is charged by conduction and L3 by
electrostatic induction.

Does the illustration above not give insight into the equivalence of of the
two circuits;
in both electrostatic coupling takes place between topload and the planar
electrode,
whether the extra be live and the plane grounded OR VICE-VERSA.

Also, isn't the unwanted capacitance C3 that slows energy transfer in the
indirectly-coupled coil also to be found in the directly coupled version as
the capacitance between leads of the extra coil- and in both devices is not
the maximum voltage to be found between the topload and the opposing plane?

Jolyon.