Re: 3 phase Pole Peek-a-boo

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Finn---that is one beautiful core! I have a pile of laminations with
dimensions 28.24" long and 3.75" wide from 3-phase x-ray transformers. It
was my hope that I could build a square core from these laminations, but
realized that I still needed a 15" high stack. The only source where I can
get these laminations is about 1000 miles from my home. It takes $34 for
cost and shipping to get a 1" stack. I've given up on ordering anymore of
these laminations. In my storage room are 7 secondary and 4 primary coils
from 3-phase x-ray transformers. My idea was to fit some of these ready made
coils on the square core. But my idea will have to wait because I just don't
want to spend $510 on the remaining laminations. The biggest problem for
those of us who want to play around is getting a giant core. There is no use
approaching the local electric company; they are just down right unfriendly
when you inquire about their retired equipment.

Godfrey Loudner