Re: (NH4)2SO4 in a SW bucket cap??

Original poster: "B2 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bensonbd-at-boo-dot-net>

Hi All:
    We used Ammonium Sulfate ((NH4)2SO4) in the two 2.5 MV metering
resistors for the EMP generator (5MV) because it had the lowest
conductivity of all salts commonly available (Maxwell HV Techs Handbook).
We also mixed a little ethylethylene glycol with it to keep the resistors
from freezing.  The EMP generator has to work outdors and the temperature
can get down to 10 below when the Chesapeake bay freezes over (which it
hasn't done for quite a few years since El Nino).

Cheers,
Barry