Re: SSTC-Starting Out

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Winston; on the output of your 555 put a simple RC differentiating circuit
followed with a 1N914 diode to select the + or - trigger you want. Connect
that to a one-shot MV to produce a gate out of whatever pulse width you
want.
  Robert  H