MOT supply problem

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

My coil is pretty much completed with an async rotary gap, .1uf MMC, 6" by
28" secondary, and 22" by 6" flex duct toroid. Also I have an MOT supply
consisting of 4 MOTs in series with the center grounded and limited by an
inductive ballast to 1800VA. The problem I'm having is that they don't seem
to be putting out as much voltage as they should be. When the MOT's are
hooked up with thier outputs across a gap between two bolts they can't jump
as far as a 7500v transformer can. In fact they weren't even jumping the gap
that the 7500v transformer could with only 95v input which would mean around
6,200v output. I know they're phased properly and I don't think anything is
wrong with any of the individual transformers so what could be causing this?

Mark