Variable AC control from Harbor Freight

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Folks,
I just got a Harbor Freight Tool Catalog in the mail.
On the front is a "Router Speed Controller". It's a
smallish box that varies the AC. It says 15A, works
with any univ. ac/dc brush type motor and will NOT
work with any soft or slow start motor.

Could this vary the input to my NST or would the
waveform not be clean enough? It's item # 43060-7RTB.
This thing's on sale for $9.99 from $19.99. If this
could replace a variac, heck I'll buy one. Could it be
a solid state version of a variac? I don't know.

Thanks a bunch folks.
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale