Re: Sparkle-ing discharges and Banging SRSG ? ? ?

In a message dated 8/28/02 9:15:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> 1.  Getting sparking type flashes (small) at the toroid itself all over as
> arcs start forming or at least it appears that way.

Dan,

Sounds like the gas burner effect which can be caused by a too-low
break-rate,  the system may be skipping some firings and running
at 60 bps?  This could have something to do with SRSG phasing,
or electrode gap spacing if they're too wide.

> 2.  Getting more flashes (arc-overs) at my SRSG between the stationary
> electrode and rotor (so it seems)

This could also be caused by SRSG phasing perhaps, or
the parts may just be too close together.  I posted a method
for adjusting the phasing yesterday.  It's not clear to me how
you adjusted the phasing.  Just matching the firing time to
the peak of the incoming (wallplug) AC won't do the job
because the cap takes time to charge.  Often the best
results do not occur at the cap charge peak, but after the
peak.  This demands trial and error, or real time phase
adjustment for best results.  Also, as the power is increased
the gap phase needs to be re-adjusted for best results.
Of course I leave it at the full power phase position all the
time in my coils.

John