Re: no light at all

In a message dated 8/29/02 12:38:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I finally ran my MOT powered coil. It just wouldn't work, the async rotary
> wouldn't fire.

Mark,

Just a thought.....
Maybe you simply need a much closer spacing of the gap electrodes?
You may need to space them so close they almost touch.  Maybe
0.005" or so.  If you try this, be sure there's no end play in the motor
which will cause the electrodes to crash.  Tungsten electrodes are
liable to snap off if they crash.  I sometimes slightly round the
electrode edges so they can glide past each other if they touch.
The rounding can prevent corona flaring at the edges of the electrodes
and help the overall performance also.

John