From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 5:12 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Temporary RF Ground and Demonstrations . . .

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

HI Dan,

On 28 Aug 2002, at 8:14, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

> Just curious to what you guys would use for an RF ground when taking your
> coil to various places for demonstration purposes.  For example, if I take
> my coil to my friend's house or to a Boy Scout demonstration etc... I
can't
> be constructing and pounding huge stakes in the ground (or classroom . . .
> GULP) for demonstrations.

I once exhibited a 2kW coil at an education expo. The venue was
effectively a *large* warehouse with iron girders supporting the
walls and roof embeded in a concrete floor. I simply ran the
secondary ground to one of the girders. Worked a treat.

Regards,
Malcolm