OLTC update - Poor seconadry Q

Hi All,

I have adjusted my coil as best I can but the output still seems "weak".  I
think I now know why.  My secondary Q is only 36.  That works out to a
secondary AC resistance of about 3300 ohms!!  R = 2 x pi x F x L / Q

Paul - The pinger file is here if your are interested.

	http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCsec.CSV

The waveform is at:

	http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-30-01.gif

Just to give an idea of how bad this is...  I am pumping and quenching 317
watts into the secondary system.  53 watts is going to streamers and a
stunning 264 watts is going into heating up the secondary!!!

So 83 percent of the power is "lost" :-((

Some notes are at:

	http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCnotes.txt

The entries at the last tell of the Q=36 case.

So... I don't know if it is the SonoTube, surroundings, proximity effects,
plastic wrap coating...  Have to test some things...  A small chance it
could be the anti-parallel diodes...

Of course, this is not a problem with the basic OLTC technology, that works
great!, but rather an age old problem of making secondaries without really
low Q...

Of course, ideas on how I can fix this are more than welcome :-))

The specs of the secondary system are:

L = 480mH
Wire gauge = #28
Turns = 2760
Winding length = 41 inches
Diameter = 10.75 inches
Q = 36.0  :-p
Fo = 38.2kHz
Csec = 35pF

Torroid 24" diameter x 6.5" cord
Center or toroid 3.5 inches above last secondary turn.

Cheers,

	Terry