Re: Dead MMC. was: AAAA! My coil...

Fellow MMC coilers,
                      Why push the ratings of the caps? I suggest it
will prove over time to be a false economy. I would rather spend
triple and build a cap to last. It really goes without saying that
pushing the voltage rating is asking for trouble (if only a
significantly altered capacitance over time before self-healing gives
up) and pushing the current ratings is a disaster just waiting to
happen. I haven't had to spend a cent on caps for over four years now.

Malcolm