Re: Variac Faults

Original poster: "Richard W. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi M,

 >From my experience with used variacs it's the brush that's the major
concern. They are much softer than motor brushes and can be easily chipped
or broken. If at all possible try to get a picture of the brush from the
seller. There are very few distrubutors carrying Staco brushes and Allied is
the cheapest I've found.

Some Staco brush replacement prices from Allied Electronics

http://www.alliedelec-dot-com/default.asp

1520

240v 0 - 280v 15 amps

Mfr.'s Part #: 808-0124-S