Re: Where can I buy or find MOTS?

Original poster: "kent by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toyhatsu-at-pcisys-dot-net>

Steve,

Well, I feel like a dumb -at-$$.  Yet another bad EBay purchase out of
ignorance.  Maybe the caps will be useful.  Looks like it is back to
dumpster scrounging.

Thank you,
Kent

 > I also bought a couple of these transformers about 6 weeks ago. The person
 > selling them believes they are high voltage transformers. I do not. The
text
 > stamped on top indicates that the transformers have been hi-pot tested at
 > 1500V for 1 minute, not that they put out 1500V. The transformer appears
 > be a ferro-resonant type, not a high voltage unit. I measured a little
over
 > 19V out with a 120V input, just a bit shy of the touted "1500V" rating. I
 > wrote the seller so he could correct the listings, but he still believes
 > they are 1500V, even though he has never actually hooked one up himself.
In
 > his reply he said that if the transformer were hooked up to a magnetron
the
 > high frequency would result in a higher voltage output. I decided it was
 > pointless to argue with an intellect as vast as his and gave up. Let me
know
 > what conclusion you come to after receiving your transformers.
 >
 > Steve

 >  > Danny,
 >  >
 >  > Here is a listing on E-Bay:
 >  >
 >  > http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1922310565
 >  >
 >  >   as : 1500 Volts AMERICAN MONARCH 501989E, HIGH POTENTIAL
TRANSFORMERS.