Re: Model for Tesla Coil PSPICE - Terry's paper

At 07:30 PM 12/4/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
>In your Tesla Coil Modeling paper, you show a detailed PSPICE model for the
>primary and secondary coils and topload.  Do you have written somewhere how
>you experimentally determined all your inductance, capacitance, coupling
>factor, etc . . . .  I'd like to make a similar model for my SSTC so I can
>simulate and test or more fully.
>
>Thanks much!!!!
>
>Dan

Hi Dan,

I trust you have seen the paper at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

The inductances can be directly measured or calculated using the equations at:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/formulas.html

for spiral coil inductance and helical coil inductance.  These equations
are accurate to within a few percent.  The mutual inductance can be
measured are calculated using this program:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.ZIP

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.PDF

The resonant frequency (and total secondary capacitance) can be found with
this program:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla6.zip

The capacitance just due to the secondary coil can be found using the
Medhurst equation at the above site.

Bart also has a new super program that can due basically all this at:

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/fantc/fantc.html

Check these out and let me know.  If you want to see how any are
calculated, try to give the dimensions and numbers and I'll try to figure
it out for you.  You should also see:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/impedance/impedance.html

Cheers,

         Terry