Re: Floating Scopes

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

>  > Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>  > Tesla list wrote:

>  > >Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

>  > >I'm sort of lost in this thread now.
>  > >Somebody wants to measure something
>  >          Currents.
>  >          Charge (and discharge?)

>Is there any evidence that the currents from top of a

>secondary to the top terminal of whatever capacitance a

>user has will be any different than the ground current

>from bottom of the secondary to earth?

         Is there any evidence they are the same?
         8)>>

>I'd normally say of course they have to match,

         Perhaps.  Much HF involved.  Much inductance.
         One mental model says the secondary is
         1/4 wave resonant, so there may be a current
         peak at the base to match the voltage peak
         at the top.

         Others maintain the frequencies (once streamers
         start) are away from the resonance (if any) of
         the secondary.  (The Electrum team, if i
         understand correctly, were at pains to measure the
         'top current' at the top...)

>but who knows, maybe there is interesting capacitive

>coupling between the secondary coil itself and the top

>terminal resulting in currents that never have to even

>flow through the coil's ground.

         Likely some of those, also.  Its a complex system.
         Hence the interest in measurements...

--
         best
         dwp