Re: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

 > Ken (et. al.)
 >
 >  > Not to try to attack anybody, but Jeff mostly states "I'm not an
 > engineer"
 >  > and then hearsay with no numbers involved. The whole field seems and
 > probably
 >  > is quite empirical, for which there are no hard facts when it comes to
 > what
 >  > is or is not safe, just your judgement based off hearsay and sometimes
 > common
 >  > sense.
 >
 > To set the record straight, I say:
 >
 > "I'm not an engineer but I play one on TV."  ;-)

AhA, yes, really it was not an attack. I'm just trying to make a point that
numbers on this really don't exist, and because of that there is no real
"anything past X units is dangerous at Y Hz, but one below that is OK". You
obviously know more about what does and does not burn you and make strange
aches and pains afterwards than myself of many others.

 > We don't give out numbers like Kentucky Fired Chicken doesn't give out
 > recipes. I run a business, it's nothing personal. We also don't
 > encourage
 > Americans to try crazy stunts because when they fail they like to sue
 > (i.e.
 > fat people suing McDonalds, smokers suing their long time brands, etc.).
 >
 > There's a ton of number crunching, CAD and modeling going on at kVA
 > Effects.
 > But like most technology companies, it is for in-house use only.

Of course. I still no reason to fear a wimpy coil like it's it's a downed
powerline in the alley. People here like to share only the large, scary
stories about accidents gone wrong to the max.

You can burn your finger tips on some large plasma balls if you don't press
on them hard enough. It hardly makes them devices to hide from in fear.

KEN