Re: DC? was: mechanical bridge rectifier

In a message dated 12/8/02 1:08:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>But with oil it would get very close

Oil and spark gaps are usually not happy together.  The oil
may bubble and carbonize and begin to conduct worse than
air would.  I've done some work with this and had many problems
and abandoned it.

John