Flyback burn...was: TC discharge... safe or not

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Blah, you usally smell it or feel the burning pain
 > befor it gets that far.
 > But, you are right, you don't actauly feel the
 > electrocution

Yeah, but I got an RF burn from a flyback and it
happened instantly.  I didn't have it grounded and I
stuck my thumb under the PCB where the bottom of the
secondary terminates.  It blasted a hole all the way
through my thumbnail and carbonized the flesh
underneath.  It was very painful and it took about 4-5
months to heal.

-Brett