Re: srsg behaviour - microsim

Hi Jeremy,

See the model at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoilSCH.gif

Even though it is a bit painful, I find it is best to really go ahead and
put in a center tapped transformer.  There are tricks you can do to get
around this but I find they just cause more trouble than they are
worth.  Bet to model things as they really are.

But maybe you could put in two voltage sources around ground like I do for
the OLTC (upper left):

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC12-8.gif

I don't think there is any difference between the two grounds as far as
MicroSim is concerned.  You could look in the manual:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/pspcref.pdf

I took a quick look and did not see it mentioned.

BTW - Gary has a voltage controlled model at:

http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/gapsim.htm

I think Dan was asking about this for streamer breakout.  Also note how
Gary works the grounding.

Cheers,

         Terry