Re: 4-MOT supply, questions for Mike S.

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 05:03 PM 09/12/02 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Steve Lawson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<slawson-at-basec-dot-net>

 >Dear Mike:
 >
 >Nice job with your 4- MOT powered TC.  I admire your engineering layout
 >of your PC boards too.   I have a few questions I wonder if you could
 >answer.

<SNIP>

 >Your website also says that you're using 51 uF MOT caps per secondary
 >leg for secondary side ballasting.   I'm confused about this rather
 >large capacitance because most MOT caps are approximately 1 uF with
 >a 2000 volt rating.
 >
 >Sincerely,
 >Steve Lawson (Coiling in South Dakota)

Hi Steve, Coilers,

I think that was a typo.  It probably should read as 5 1 uF. capacitors
in each leg.  I can see ten caps in total in the pix, so that's likely
the case, but Mike himself will have to answer about the two ballast
transformers and any PFC capacitors.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+