Re: sec coil zap ouch! - Possible fix...

Hi Dave,

At 06:39 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>It is a pretty high resistance
>
>         ...and coils make pretty high voltage...
>         8)>>
>
>         Static sprays work by being conductive.  I'd be
>         reluctant to try it.  If someone ELSE wants to ....
>         8)>>

But I wonder if it would be like MMC bleeder resistors.  The resistance is
so high that it does not affect the coil's operation and it is an
insignificant power loss.  Of course, if it promotes racing arcs, then it
would be a bad deal and you would have to scrub the stuff off ASAP!!  But
at say 100kHz it may not like to travel on the stuff at all and it might
look invisible to the RF.  In fact, if static charges are contributing to
racing arcs, it may actually help fix racing arcs!!

I cool test, in any case, for someone looking to take a risk, and "maybe"
go down in coiling history!!  Or, you may just go down in flames :o)))  If
Tesla coil science was easy, everyone would do it ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry