Re: Corson Pulse Capacitors

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

>Hi

>not that simple unfortunately. I have always used 3 times rms as a
>guide. for an explanation of the  possible  max  voltage on the primary
>cap have a look at richie burnetts site where he explains it all in
>detail. basically it will depend on  your spark gap as well as the rms
>voltage of the supply.

Hokay - let's be safe.  So, I have, per can, two capacitors wired in
series, each rated at 15kV.  To be safe, I'll take that as a single, 30kV
capacitor at half the capacitance.  To make my tank cap, I wire several
cans in parallel.  To keep voltages balanced, should I connect the centre
connections of all the capacitors together?

0------*----*----*---...
        |    |   |
        =    =    =
        |    |   |
        *    *    *  <-- connect these centre taps together?
        |    |   |
        =    =    =
        C    C   C
        A    A   A