Re: Secondary and MMC Caps

HI,

My two cents is to have bunch of little pieces of masking tape stuck all
around so you can tape off the coil as you make it.  If you slip up, the
wind will only unravel to the last taped point.  You can also then easily
tape it off to go stretch or get another beer ;-))

28 inches on 6 inch pipe with #27 wire will take a long time and be fairly
hard to do by hand.  It certainly can be done, but it will be
hard.  Stretch it out over a few days.  Or, whip together a winder maybe
like this one:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-22-04.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-22-05.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-22-06.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTC08-23-03.jpg

Also, be sure to wind the wire "sort of tight".  You certainly don't want
to stretch or break it, but you don't want it to be so loose that it slips.

The MMC website hides at:

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc/

Cheers,

         Terry