Re: Faraday Cage and 1/4 wavelength sized holes

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

For a Faraday cage to work for some frequency, then the holes in that
faraday cage must have a diameter less than the 1/4 wavelength of the
frequency you are trying to block.
If you build your faraday cage out of chickenwire, sure it will keep in your
arcs and lower frequency garbage, but the higher RF frequencies (Ghz) will
pass right through it.

Dan