Secondary and Capacitor

Original poster: "Centauri by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>

Hey everyone,
I finished winding my secondary two days ago and I've been coating it
with  gloss finish oil based  polyurethane since then. Does it matter if
there are a few small bumps in the finish? I am hesitant to sand it for
fear of damaging the coil. Also, how precise does the capacitance of the
tank circuit need to be? Ideally I'd like to use MMC caps but due to money
constraints, for the time being I think I'm going to go with a saltwater
bottle cap. But I'm not sure how to make a cap like this with the precise
capacitance I need. Also, I have no way of measuring capacitance. Advice
would be much appreciated on this.

Thanks,
Alan