Re: Getting started

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Hello Nir!

The radial distance from secondary to primary is dertemined by the
desire to avoid sparks between the 2. 50-75 millimeters usually does the
trick. It is not critical, as long as it is big enough, you can always
get high enough coupling by axial displacement of the secondary in
relation to the primary.

As to from where you should operate the coil: well, definately out of
the streamers reach, and then some.

Check my power controller:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/ambassador/troller/troller.htm
Although I have later learned that air gapped inductors are a must for
ballast, and cut variacs are noisy unless certain measures are taken.

You may want to replace that iron ball with a proper toroid, ....

Cheers, Finn Hammer, Denmark

Tesla list skriver:

 > Original poster: "Nir Wingarten by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nirzvi-at-yahoo-dot-com>