Re: starting my first tesla coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "p.legovini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 >
 > Hi,  i'm a student of electotecnics and a few weeks ago i was thinking about
 > what could i bring for my examination, that will be between june and july. I
 > think that a tesla coil is a great project to bring, but where can i
find some
 > construcion plans that guide me step by step in buinding one?

How about some different structures, instead of repeating always the
same thing? See:
Transformerless Tesla coil: Can't be simpler.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4.html
A capacitive transformer coil: Very unusual.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4ct.html
A transformerless magnifier: More complex but more efficient.
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres6.html

Other versions were discussed in the list in the last months.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz