Off-Topic: Hvguy-dot-com 2500W Induction Heater

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi All,

I know that putting "off topic" in the title doesn't make it ok, but
I imagine that many people on this list would find this interesting.*

I am almost finished making my first induction heater, it is the
largest circuit board I have made to date and I'm very pleased at how
fast it burns things ; ) I just wanted you guys and gals to see it.

www.hvguy-dot-com, at the very top, it is the first link in green titled
"2500W Induction Heater" you can't miss it.

So far I have not run it up past 850 watts, because the secondary
winding on the output transformer heats up (it's four pieces of 3/4"
copper braid!). I'm working on water cooling the secondary, it will
be fun when it's finished. I am shooting for 2000 watts continuous,
and maybe 3kW for a few minutes.

Thanks for looking! I hope everyone (that celebrates it) had a mery
Christmas.

Take care,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
Email: justin-at-hvguy-dot-com
Website: www.hvguy-dot-com

*I guess that the circuit is close enough to some SSTCs, so I'll allow it
;-))  - Terry
_