Re: Ideas for HV Wiring.

> Hmm.  coax sounds worth a try to me, I have a few hundred feet left on a
> 500' spool of RJ59 I bought to re-do all the cable TV drops in my house.
> think it's a 22 or 20ga center conductor.  Feeding it through tygon tubing
> sounds like a plan.  On that note - for feeding a drop through any
> substantial length of conduit/tubing/etc, I use a ball of twine and a wad
of
> plastic (usually cigarette wrapper) or cotton bud.  Tie the twine to the
> wrapper, and then use a shop-vac to pull it through the tubing-conduit.
Tie
> the other end to the wire and just pull it on through. Don't suck the
> plastic or string into the vac, it may make a mess. Ran a fiber-optic drop
> *up* six stories like that in 15 min flat.

Most likely, it is foam dielectric and worthless for HV.  Cable TV coax is
designed for very low loss (and low cost), and as a result they use a foamed
PE dielectric.  If it IS solid dielectric, you can try testing it.  The
dielectric is only about 0.1 inches thick, and given the high stress at the
center, it might not be good for 20 kV.