RE: Is it possible?

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

>Has anyone tried running a tesla coild in transformer oil? Seems that it
would be doable and would have some advantages.

Hi Gene,

Yes, Nikola Tesla ran his coils immersed in oil.  He discusses this in his
book Inventions, Researches and Writings.  He notes that the over all
improvement is very good.  I have plans for building a flat spiral secondary
system completely submerged in oil.  But first, I need to build an oil
insulated spark gap (Tesla has 6 or 7 patents for these) as most of the
losses from the system leak from the spark gap.

Dave