Does Lexan absorb UV?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-Compaq-dot-com>

Welcome back List!

The triggered spark gap that I'm experimenting with is built behind a 3/8"
thick sheet of Lexan.  I'm using a halogen lamp array dummy-load in place
of my primary while performing experiments, to eliminate those pesky
streamers, and this allows me to get a good close look at exactly how and
where  the TSG is firing.  But I'm wondering just how much of the UV is
being absorbed by the Lexan plate?  Is it safe to stare at through the Lexan?

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA