Collaborator wanted

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com>

I'm interested in connecting with a congenial collaborator in the San Francisco
Bay area.  Someone who has sufficient experience in making spark-gap-type Tesla
coils, plus understanding of and experience with the use of SCRs and other
electrical apparatus, who would like to collaborate in the making of a primary
apparatus to a novel design of mine.

I've worked up a detailed paper-design of a primary scheme that uses no H.V.
transformer.  Rather, using multiple capacitors, I charge them all in parallel,
resonantly from the 60 Hz line, then discharge them in series, via multiple
triggered spark gaps, thru the primary coil.  Kind of like a Marx generator, I
believe, but delivering ~10 KV of capacitor-charge into a 6-turn coil at 20 x
per second.

It's likely that I will not get around to actually building this design so I'd
like to find someone who would be willing to proceed in the actual
construction, debugging, etc.  I would provide the design and some of the
parts.  He or she would provide more of the parts and most if not all of the
grunt work in their shop.  We would share in the use of the apparatus.  I would
provide no guarantee that it would work, so he or she would have to be
convinced of the feasibility.  Aside from their time, an investment of several
hundred dollars would have to be made, by the collaborator, for parts and
material.

My design incorporates no secondary coil.  I own a couple that could be used on
an interim basis but eventually one might need to be built.  The design is
currently based on use of a 12" diameter coil resonating at ~140 KHz.

Anyone who is interested, contact me off-List at kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com or (510)
531-8819 (phone, fax).

Ken Herrick
Oakland