Re: Extra coil

Just a thought as you 2 are discussing the extra coil. Before we had a tube
radio we had crystal sets that, at best, tuned 2 stations at once with low
volume. When we added an extra coil (3 coil system) the volume went up and
we tuned only one station at a time. The extra coil increased the total Q
and made the tuning narrow. Is it not likely that a similar effect is seen
in the TC with the extra coil?  More power going into one frequency band and
less power into the unwanted harmonic losses.
   Robert  H