Brown Bottles Under Test

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

Many thanks to those who offered comments/advice on my recent posting
(Beer Bottles).

I have what is labelled as a 90kV source (C/W multiplier driven by very
small flyback).  I propose to assemble half a dozen caps with my brown
bottles and then test them in a series string - start of with four or
five, then  reduce the number until breakdown occurs.

Does this sound like a valid test?  What is the best way to tell if
puncture has occured?

Cheers

Matthew Smith