Re: pairing obits

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

colin.heath4 wrote:

> iv got some obits and want to hook three in parallel how do i do it

Colin,

Parallelling means linking the earths, linking the upper HV
terminals and linking the lower HV terminals. Of course the primary
windings need to be wired in parallel as well, observing correct
phasing of course.

> the ratings are 7.5kv x2 30ma so would this make it 15kv 60ma
or 15kv 30ma
- If each OBIT has got a centertapped winding, delivering a total
voltage of 15 kV ( 2 times 7.5 kV) and the rated current is 30 mA,
then parallelling 2 OBITs would make a 15 kV/60 mA source.

In this part of the world OBITs are rated at 10 kV/23 mA and I have
parallelled up to 5 without any troubles.

Cheers,

Herwig