From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 9:17 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Dissapointing and confusing Results with MMC

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi CJ!

	The new cap is coming up to a lower voltage than your old cap.  This
may give you worse performance, depending on what you are doing with
your spark gap.  On my system, if I open the gap too wide, the system
sits there humming, and every once in a while blurts out a spark or two
before returning to "humming mode".  Since your old cap was resonant
with your power supply, you may need to close down your spark gap quite
a bit to get reliable firing.

	Close your gap down to 1/16" or so, then power up the coil.  If it
fires well, open the gap a little way then fire the coil again.  Open
the gap and test, until you get the best performance.  Since the cap is
LTR, you shouldn't have to worry about runaway charging.  If this
doesn't work, you're coil may be out of tune, or have some other
problem.

Good luck,

	Winston K.

PS- I'm new to this game, so wait for other people to chime in before
trying anything I suggested (in case I messed up).

> After my other cap died on me (35kv .035 uf) I decided to upgrade to an
MMC