Re: Newbie Question - Capacitors

>I read about Bottle caps, Rolled caps, tank caps, MMC caps, Geek group caps
>(Shipping takes up to 5 months for these...)....etc.etc

Shipping takes less than a month now.....and is improving daily. Next order
goes out end of March.

>From what I have read, MMC caps seem to be the best.

They are, ask around.

>I am collecting some bottles in the mean time, (SOBE Black Tea, and some
>Stubbs
>Barbeque Sauce bottles) but tend to lean toward the MMC's
>
>Can anyone tell me what the best would be for the 15kV 60mA NST?

If you can't have an MMC and NEED a fast, cheap cap right now, build a Geek
Group Bucket Cap, they're well known, tested, and reliable. I have a set of
4 that have been in service for over 4 years that we use for testing and
experimentation.

http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/Flash/how%20to/bucket%20caps.html

You may very well want to think about joining the Geek Group while you're
there :) We're always looking for new members and have been a valuable
resource for Tesla, Physics, Computer, Bio, and other types of Geeks for 8
years :)

>Thanks alot....
>newbie coiler,
>Jaime Banse