Re: Need Formula for length of spiral

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/13/02 4:41:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "John Tomacic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <tesla_ownz_u-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone have a formula that I can use to calculate the length of wire
> required in a flat spiral coil? I have the formula for inductance, however,
> I really need the wire length.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
> SST coiling in Ottawa.

John,

You can find a spreadsheet at my web site that will help with primary
calculations:
http://members.aol-dot-com/esondrmn/index.html
Ed Sonderman