Re: Finding the center of round stock

> whats a 3/4" MDF???
>
> Scot D  ...
>
> someone who still uses a 45 degree square to find the center of round
> stock...

	I get pretty good results chucking the stuff in the lathe and using a
wiggler, followed by a center drill in the tailstock chuck.  I use a
3-jaw but purists would use a 4-jaw and dial indicator running on the
outside of the stock.  Depending on the accuracy needed, the square
works about as well and certainly gives a quick and easy starting point.

Ed