Re: Stop the nonsense

A tesla coil is not a simple oscilator with contiouous AC power. It is a
pulse fed circuit. That is why a charge builds up on the toroid. If the
drive was pure AC of a balanced sign wave the use of a toroid would be a
waste of time.If you have an unbalanced + pulse a charge will build up on a
"ststic" charged surface and will grow with each pulse, just like a
VANDEGRAPH charging a sphere.an antenna sencing the wave shape using a scope
dosent see the DC part of the build up. You must use a space charge mesuring
detector to read the total charge. I don't hear anyone trying to measure
this level. Time after time I see postings of streamer size, but no one
measures the voltage of the static charge required to make that streamer. I
only see "OH goody Oh goody I got a big streamer".You get a sreamer when the
AC builds up a DC component to a point that the air breakes down and the
total AC & DC fires through the space of your play area.That is why most
TUBE tc are less impressive.Yes total power is less, But pure AC dose not
build up a charge.There must be a DC component to build a charge.BOTH !!!