RE: Calculating inductance of flat spiral coils

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting these links.  The effort is appreciated.  I have tried
the formula in these links.  This is the standard flat spiral coil formula
that works fine for a primary.  But it doesn't work very well for a larger
flat spiral.  Ed has mentioned a circular from NIST that contains more
complex formulas for flat spiral coils, but I couldn't find it online or how
to order it.  Maybe Ed can post the formulas online so we can see them?

Dave