Re: Calculating inductance of flat spiral coils

Hi Dave -

Have you tried Paul Nicholson's ACMI program? It's excellent! I don't know
that it's been tested in
a flat secondary case, however, there's no reason I can see why it wouldn't
perform as well it does
with other geometry coils. This program isn't a "hard formula" calculator.
It's using current
filament points of data and pulls in Grover's tables as it steps through
reiterations. Version 6 I
believe is the latest. The program is fast and very easy to use. As a
matter of fact, I have an
input file which uses inches and a simple bat file which starts ACMI and
pulls in the input file.
This would get you going as soon as you downloaded and unziped the program.
All you need to do is
change the values to fit your coils. ACMI also includes sample input files.
I highly recommend this
program. If you want my input file, just let me know (off list to save some
bandwidth).

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/acmi/

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>