Re: Variacs - Overpowering an NST.

Hi Neil,

See Figure F in this sheet:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/VarBack.jpg

It shows how much overload current you can put through a variac and for how
long and then how long it needs to cool down.

You can overload variacs substationally (with current but NOT voltage).
You just have to let them cool down.  A small fan blowing on it does
wonders.  You do have to be very careful not to burn the brushes.

Cheers,

	Terry