Sewing machine motor - reversing direction

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

Has someone found uses for common sewing machine motors in
Tesla coiling?

But specifically, I would like to know how to reverse the
rotation direction of one that I have here. I plan to use it
to drive a static machine, but observed that it is rotating
in the wrong direction for my plans. I didn't open yet one
that I have here to see what is inside. The motor is powered
by two wires, at 110 V AC, one of them passing through a speed
control device that appears to be just a pressure-sensitive carbon
resistor.

I imagine that it's just a question of reversing the connections
of the brushes, but would like to know if only this works.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz