Re: BEWARE of dead gate drive IC that still works

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Justin/All

> Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> (this post is SSTC/SMPS related, and is longwinded)
So I'll snip ;-)

The chips sound great but the failure sounds weird :-(  I'd have thought
that most electronic devices would be designed so that they could be
powered on and powered off!

Questions for you: 1) Are you saying that the failure is from a spike
coming from the GDT?  2) Any chance of a schematic so that we can ponder
this further?

Cheers

Matthew Smith