RE: Barts Flat Coil Dimensions Was: Dimensions of my flat spiral coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Paul,

>To reduce this effect, you must work at a lower frequency, eg 60Hz. Pass a
60Hz current through the windings and carefully measure the voltage and
current.  From these measurements, calculate L.

I have some small AC wall transformers.  I'll give it a try.  I've also got
several audio generators and frequency counters.  This will be good practice
for me.

Is there a particular frequency (such as a harmonic of the coil frequency)
that would be best?

Dave