Re: NON-static shocks from unpowered secondary?

Hi Ed, All -

Ed, I have to agree from my experience. What is my experience you ask?
Well, I've never, no not
once, ever been shocked by my coils. This includes big sonotube coils and
thick pvc tube coils.
I've run in freezing dry clymates in the winter to very humid in the summer
(Minnesota) to
perfect weather (California now). The only other situation I see is I
always use the same
coating. Marine Spar Varnish. Mainly because it goes on thick and remains
flexible for varying
temperatures (doesn't crack with weather - but it will peel off if the coil
is damaged). I
expect I'll never get this type of shock if the coating is the main cause.

Take care,
Bart