Re: Saturating LTR coil! - demonstrated!! - RE: ~Variac question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/19/02 7:45:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Ed:
>
> An NST can't tell if it is being power factor corrected or not, as the PFC
> occurs outside of it.  With or without the PFC cap, the NST primary current
> is identical.  It is only when the current through the PFC cap is added
> algebraically, i.e. what comes out of your wall or Variac, that the
> resulting sum is less than an uncorrected NST alone.
>
> Gary Lau
> MA, USA

Ok, I thought I recalled a discussion about added capacitance on one side of a
transformer being reflected as a changed impedance in the other side.

Ed Sonderman