Re: Hows the flat coil

Hi Bart,

I was replacing the hard drive in my old 24/7 computer tonight and it was
"interesting".  But it is all fixed now after four hours...  Didn't have
time to work on the flat coil tonight.  I have about a six inch coil wound
so far.

Let me go see if the wire is lifting with time...   Yes, there are a few
wires that are sneaking up but they push right back into place.  Nothing
terrible but it looks like we need something to stick them down permanently.

I noticed that the carpet tape adhesive is VERY susceptible to solvents.
Almost any solvent will weaken or destroy it.  I think we need to "test"
the adhesive first before applying it.  Hot glue or "maybe" water based
polyurethane or paints would do it.  Artists use some gentle fixers for
charcoal drawings.  We will just have to try things and see.

I'll send this to the list too.  Maybe someone "really knows" what types of
fixers will not hurt the carpet tape adhesive but will fix the wires in place.

Maybe very thin coats of poly but you can't go pushing the wire back down
if it goes bad.  Since the wires like to lift, fast drying would be a big
plus...

Cheers,

	Terry